Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
OK, it's the sauce that makes the chicken. Really great! Grilled on the bbq or roasted in the oven - you'll love this.
- 3 chicken, halved or quartered
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup frozen pineapple concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Mix sauce ingredients in bowl; generously cover cleaned chicken pieces with sauce, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- BBQ, turning and basting frequently with sauce until done, 45-60 minutes; or alternatively, roast in the oven, at 325F for about 90 minutes.
Wonderful chicken, sweet and tangy! I reduced the sauce for a few minutes to thicken it slightly. I used chicken thighs with 1/2 the skin on, (best of both worlds?), and broiled the top for a few minutes to crisp up and brown the skin. We enjoyed this with Evelyn's Coconut Raisin Rice #161393. Two keeper recipes in one meal! Thanks, Ev!
ZWT7 - Shady Ladies
I was incredibly disappointed with this recipe and after reading everyone's fantastic reviews I kept wondering what I could've done wrong. ?? I'm pretty convinced I did it exactly as directed. I chose the oven method as I wanted to use the sauce (which BTW was very thin and runny, more like a marinade). But placing the chicken in a 9x13 baking dish with the sauce poured over (making it about 3/4" deep in sauce) actually made the chicken just taste boiled and not very flavorful. Furthermore, I found squeezing the limes to be quite tedious (since I had to double the recipe) and for the work and the flavor of the sauce I honestly felt I could probably find the results in a good store bought brand. Sorry, but I would not make again. All the food from my party was eaten up and I had one huge plateful of this chicken left.
All I have to say is YUMMMM! The pan is hell to clean but it is worth everything!!