2 hrs 20 mins
1 hr 40 mins
This cheesecake takes a bit of time but it's well worth your effort!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium ripe pineapple (4 pound range)
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 lbs cream cheese, room temp
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 6 large eggs
- 1To make crust: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Butter a 10-inch springform pan and dust with granulated sugar-knock out excess.
- 3In a shallow baking pan toast nuts in middle of oven until golden, around 6-7 minutes.
- 4Be careful though, they can burn fast.
- 5Finely chop nuts and transfer to a bowl.
- 6Stir in a pinch of salt and all remaining ingredients except butter.
- 7Mix well.
- 8Melt butter and drizzle over crust mixture, tossing with a fork.
- 9Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and press evenly onto bottom and 3/4 the way up the sides of pan.
- 10Bake crust in middle of oven for 10 minutes.
- 11Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- 12Set aside.
- 13Reduce oven to 325 degrees.
- 14To make filling: Peel and core pineapple.
- 15Cut pineapple into 1/4 inch dice and in a 3 quart saucepan cook with brown sugar over medium low heat, uncovered, for about 40 minutes.
- 16You want it cooked down and almost dry-on the sticky side.
- 17In a large bowl beat together the cream cheese and granulated sugar until fluffy.
- 18Add creme fraiche and pineapple, beating until well combined.
- 19Add eggs 1 at a time, beating at low speed after each addition until just combined.
- 20Pour filling into crust, smoothing top and bake on a baking sheet in middle of oven until filling is set and top is lightly browned, around 80 minutes.
- 21Transfer cake in pan to a wire rack and cool completely.
- 22Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 24 hours.
- 23Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 24Remove cake from fridge, remove plastic wrap and run a knife around sides.
- 25Remove side of pan and transfer cake to a serving platter.
- 26In a baking pan toast coconut and 1/4 cup of chopped macadamia nuts, stirring occasionally until golden-around 8 minutes.
- 28In a bowl stir together sour cream, confectioners sugar, and vanilla.
- 29Spread sour cream mixture gently over top of cake.
- 30Sprinkle toasted coconut-macadamia nut mixture over top of sour-cream mixture.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.6
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 134.3 mg
- Sodium 208.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 30.7 g
- Protein 6.7 g