Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy to prepare with a delicious coconut crust.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream (8 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- In a bowl, combine the coconut and butter; mix well.
- Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth.
- Beat in sour cream and vanilla until blended.
- Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Pour into crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set (top of cheesecake may crack).
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- For sauce, combine the sugar and cornstarch in a large saucepan.
- Stir in the pineapple.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add food coloring if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of springform pan.
- Spread pineapple sauce over cheesecake.