Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a sweet cheese ball -- a great variation of the traditional cheese balls. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Cream the cream cheese and add the other ingredients.
- Shape into ball and roll in pecans.
- Serve with crackers.
the flavor was great, but mine didnt firm up. still rating it 5stars, because it truly was delish!!
I read it wrong and only used 1 package of cream cheese (blush), so I couldn't get it into a ball! So I put it in a dish and we had it with crackers. It was delicious! I'll make it again. (And do it right next time!) ZWT7-Shady Ladies
Yum yum yum! I made this to take to a luau, and substituted Tofutti imitation cream cheese to make it vegan. Next time I will chill the ball a little before rolling it in the pecans; it was very soft and difficult to keep together while rolling--but turned out tasty nonetheless. Thanks for posting!