Recipe by lazyme
A simple and delicious side dish that goes well with any grilled entree.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Loved the pineapple & carrot combo here, & I was happy to double the amount of cashews! A great way to jazz up carrots! Thanks for a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders cooking game]
- 20 ounces pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 large carrots, sliced diagonally in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons dry-roasted cashews, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside.
- Combine the reserved juice, honey, oregano, and onion powder in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Add carrot pieces; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in pineapple, and cook an additional 5 minutes or until carrot is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water, and stir well; add to carrot mixture.
- Bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Spoon into a bowl, and sprinkle with cashews.