Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from a recipe magazine, can't rememeber which one, but I substituted the mayonnaise for plain yogurt. Hope you like it, it's scrumptuous :)
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt or 3⁄4 cup h. mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated carrots
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9 inch tube mold or bundt cake mold.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the first 5 ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar, yogurt(or mayonnaise) and the drained crushed pineapple.
- Incorporate gradually the dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Add the carrots and nuts, mix well.
- Pour the cake batter into cake mold and bake in 350°F oven for 50-60 minutes.
- Let cool, and unmold onto cake rack.
- Ice the cake with cream cheese icing, garnish with toasted coconut.