Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This cake is Very tasty!Great for all pineapple and coconut lovers! I got this out of a Taste of Home magazine, Jo Ann Fox sent it in. This cake has replaced the family "Birthday Cake" recipe that my MIL makes. Hope you enjoy it
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄4 cups cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) envelope whipped dessert topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13x9inch baking pan.
- In a bowl whisk together milk and pudding mix; let stand to thicken.
- stir in pineapple.
- Spread over cake.
- Prepare whipped topping according to package directions; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Beat in 1 cup whipped topping.
- Fold in remaining topping.
- Spread over pudding.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Cover and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
I have also made this cake, from Taste of Home, very moist,and delicious even if you don,t like pineapple you,ll love this cake! Easy to make ,just takes a few different bowls. Odessa C