Recipe by Amber of AZ
Moist, delicious cake. Not overly sweet, but perfect for a potluck or casual meal. I found this recipe in a well known cooking magazine and have also tasted it at potlucks for work.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄4 cups cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 16 ounces whipping cream (standard size)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using a greased 13 in x 9 in x 2 in baking pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together milk and pudding mix; let stand to thicken.
- Stir in pineapple.
- Spread over cake.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Beat in 1 cup whipped topping.
- Fold in remaining topping.
- Spread over Pudding.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.