Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Moist, delicious cake. Not overly sweet, but perfect for a potluck or casual meal. I found this recipe in a well known cooking magazine and have also tasted it at potlucks for work.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄4 cups cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 16 ounces whipping cream (standard size)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using a greased 13 in x 9 in x 2 in baking pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together milk and pudding mix; let stand to thicken.
- Stir in pineapple.
- Spread over cake.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Beat in 1 cup whipped topping.
- Fold in remaining topping.
- Spread over Pudding.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
Exceptional cake!!!! Very delicious, everyone just loved it at work. They all wanted the recipe. Easy to make too!!!!
This is in the Taste of Home magazines and I have a variation of it several times with great results. Very refreshing. What I do is mix the pudding and milk to made pudding mixture, add pineapple, put on cake and then put whipped topping on top of it thereby omitting the extra caleries of cream cheese and sugar!
Very good, like it says, not overly sweet. Holds up well settin in the frig for a few days. Thanks Am.