Recipe by Sherrybeth
This is a quick and easy appetizer and the flavors blend together wonderfully. Serve with fresh fruit or gingersnaps as a dessert or with crackers as an appetizer.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Oh Sherry, this was so good. Needed a fast appy to serve at our Valentine Day get together when I realized I'd forgotten to make one and this was it. It went together so fast and easy. Looked great and tasted even better. A nice change from our regular brie. Loved the toasted coconut on top, tasted and looked great. I didn't have peanuts so used toasted slivered almonds and it was wonderful. The only thing I might do differant next time is maybe cut down on the amount of pineapple just because in the dish I used (a mini ceramic pie plate) it was a little crowded. This was enjoyed by everyone and not a bit was left over.
- 1 (1 lb) baby brie round
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 tablespoons honey roasted peanuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 tablespoons coconut flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove rind from the top of the Brie and place it in a small casserole dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine the pineapple, peanuts and brown sugar and cook until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Once pineapple mixture is thoroughly heated, spoon the mixture over the brie and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes and cheese is softened.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the top with coconut; then return it to the oven until the coconut is slightly toasted.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a couple of minutes before serving.