Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have been making this recipe for years. Sometimes with and sometimes without the oysters. But ALWAYS with the King's Hawaiian Bread. Gives such a unique, somewhat sweet flavor. Prep time is an estimate.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 lb mushroom, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped with leaves
- 1 quart oyster, cut in halves (reserve liquor)
- 2 quarts bread cubes (Use Kings Hawaiian bread for a sweet stuffing)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 -3 eggs, beaten
- Heat butter in a large skillet.
- Add mushrooms, onion and celery; cook 5 to 8 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl, mix the oysters, bread cubes, parsley and mixture of the salt, pepper and poultry seasoning.
- Add vegetables, the reserved oyster liquor, and the beaten eggs; toss lightly to mix.
- Stuff in a 14 to 16 pound turkey.
- or place dressing in baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes.