Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Made with crushed pineapple and mashed bananas.
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup instant potato flakes
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- Add ingredients in order given.
- Bake on sweet bread cycle on light setting.
I have made this recipe just the way it is and it is WONDERFUL. I have also done some modifications and it is still WONDERFUL.
1. I have also made it without the coconut extract and added vanilla extract instead. Not as %u201CHawaiiany%u201D but still really good and if you don%u2019t really like coconut. . .
2. It is easy to use grated or finely diced apple and apple juice instead of pineapple juice. Just coarsely grate or dice apple. Fill ½ cup measure and add juice to fill the spaces.
3. I usually use 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour and 1 1/2 cups white flour.
My family LOVED this recipe! I used Lite coconut milk instead of regular milk and used 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract since i didn't have coconut extract. I needed to add additional flour as it kneaded the dough, but that could be because I had to use pineapple chunks that I put in the food processor (i had no cans of crushed) and i guessed on the added liquid. Also, I added about 3/4 c. coconut flakes at the add in beep. YUM (Made AMAZING french toast the next day).
WOW...don't let the potato flakes turn you off...this bread comes out sweet and yummy. i couldn't find coconut extract, so i used bananan extract and added shredded coconut to the mix