Recipe by onionjs
A yummy, rich, sweet bread. Great as french toast.
Top Review by ScubaBrynn
My local firefighters and my family loved it. Soft with a slightly sweet flavor. Not quite like store bought, but close. The bread could have burned in the first 20 minutes. This bread cooked a whole lot faster than anticipated. I put it in two loaf pans to fit all the dough. I would lower the temp next time and adjust time.
- 3 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 ounce fresh yeast
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 4 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Using paddle attachment on mixer, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Switch to dough hook, add remaining ingredients, mix 8-10 minutes until gluten develops Round, cover, ferment until dough doubles.
- Punch, round, place on parchment-paper lined sheet pan.
- Bake at 350°F (convection) or 400°F (conventional) for 20 minutes.
- Reduce temperature 25 degrees and bake until done.