2 hrs 20 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour and yeast; set aside.
- 2Drain pineapple in a sieve, pressing out as much juice as possible. Reserve juice in a 1-cup measure; add water to make 1/2 cup.
- 3Pour juice into small saucepan. Add sugar, salt and butter. Stir mixture constantly over medium-high heat until butter softens.
- 4Add juice mixture, banana and egg to flour mixture. Beat 1 minute with electric mixer on low speed.
- 5Scrape batter from sides of bowl; beat 2 minutes longer at high speed. By hand, stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- 6Stir in drained pineapple. Cover bowl with towel; let rise in a warm place, until doubled 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Stir down dough.
- 7Grease a 2-quart casserole with high sides or a souffle dish. Turn dough into dish.
- 8Cover with towel; let rise 45 minutes.
- 9Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake until golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
- 10Cool in dish 5 minutes; remove from dish.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Bread
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.5
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 157.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 5.0 g