Recipe by KristenErinM
very light in texture. this is a very mild bread. served with my recipe for Caribbean chicken
Top Review by brokenburner
Well, I wanted to make salad croutons, and I found this recipe... Recipe #277440 But I didn't have Hawaiian bread! So I'm glad I found this recipe... I froze one loaf so that I can make the croutons at a later date, and the other was enjoyed by everyone. I used soy milk, and half whole wheat, half all-purpose flour. The whole wheat flour probably made it a bit heavier than it would have been otherwise, but it still had a nice citrusy flavor. Thanks for posting!
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup warm skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- microwave pineapple juice for 45 sec. and dissolve yeast in warmed juice.
- in mixing bowl add flour, warmed milk, egg substitute, Splenda, applesauce, and salt.
- stir in yeast mixture.
- knead for 5 minutes.
- this dough will remain very sticky- that's OK.
- cover and let rise on warm stove top until doubled - about 45 minute pour dough into 2 loaf pans sprayed with cooking spray.
- cover and let rise again for another 45 minutes.
- bake at 350F for about 30 minute until tops are nicely browned.