Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a bobotie recipe I got from a lady in Honolulu.
- 2 slices bread, soaked in milk
- 1 cup milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon msg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2 eggs
- Saute onion in butter.
- Add meat and brown lightly, breaking meat into small pieces.
- Remove from heat.
- Add seasonings, the lemon juice, and nuts.
- Squeeze excess milk from bread.
- Break bread into small pieces, work into meat mixture.
- Put into buttered baking dish.
- Beat eggs with milk and pour over the meat mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Serve with white rice and curry condiments.