Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The classic stir-fry would not be complete without beef. Points...5.
Make and share this Hawaiian Beef Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1 lb top sirloin steak, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 green peppers or 1 sweet red pepper, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 -2 garlic cloves, minced or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In medium bowl, dissolve cornstarch and 1 tablespoons.
- worcestershire sauce.
- Add beef cubes and toss to coat.
- In small bowl mix ketchup, sugar and 1 tablespoons.
- each worcestershire sauce and juice from pineapple for sauce; drain pineapple.
- Brown beef in a large oiled skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove and set aside.
- In same skillet heat 2 tbsps.
- water over medium-high heat; add peppers and garlic.
- Cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until water evaporates and peppers are crisp-tender.
- Reduce heat and stir in sauce mixture, pineapple and beef along with any accumulated juices.
- Heat through and serve over hot rice.
Seriously people? Five stars? This dish was way too sweet and tasted like pure ketchup. You can't even taste any other ingredients. This recipe is crap.
I have looked a long time for a stir fry with a really good sauce that everyone likes, especially the kids, and this is it, best stir fry we have ever had tho it is simple, I added 2 small cans of sliced mushrooms, drained, one large diced onion and the pineapple was a small can of Dole Tidbits. Otherwise I followed the recipe to the letter. Was just delicious and no leftovers.
This was pretty good! My daughter does not like peppers so I used 1/2 the pepper and subbed 1/4c. sliced carrots. I started stirfrying the carrots first, as they take longer. We followed the rest of the recipe to the letter. A bit different for a beef stir fry--in a good way!