Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is another easy family favorite which combines a nice meat loaf with a sweet-sour sauce. The recipe makes two loaves so I usually freeze one for later. This makes a great meal when paired with rice and a fresh veggie and/or a salad. Believe me, you'll like this one!
- In large mixing bowl, blend gravy mix and milk.
- Add instant minced onion; let stand a few minutes.
- Add eggs, parsley, soy sauce, salt and pepper; stir in bread crumbs.
- Add ground beef; mix well.
- Shape into two loaves; place in shallow baking pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 50 minutes.
- Spoon off excess fat.
- Pour a little sweet-sour sauce over loaves.
- Return to oven for 15 minutes.
- Heat remaining sauce to serve with rice.
I really, really enjoyed this recipe. It is comfort food at its best. I even ate this as leftovers, I mean just this alone no side dishes. And I'm not big on leftovers! The sweet and sour sauce on top just gives it a wonderful flavor. And I have an extra one in the freezer for next time!