Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Reminisce Magazine.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup celery
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 (8 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- In small skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté the onion, celery, green pepper and garlic in butter for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside.
- Add enough water to the juice to measure 1/2 cup.
- In bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, vinegar, salt and juice mixture until smooth.
- Add to skillet; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in beef and pineapple; heat through.
- Serve with rice.