I happen to love those BBQ chicken pizzas, especially with a little pineapple on top. So here's a lunch time creation when pizza dough or bread was not an option. Quick and so good! If I cook chicken for this I boil a chicken breast (can be frozen to begin with, just drop it in the water). After about 15-20 minutes just cut open the chicken to see if it is cooked all the way through and ready to use. If the chicken breast is defrosted it takes much less time, but time is estimated. I would encourage others to change this recipe up to create other pizza favorites making a pepperoni quesadilla, meat lovers, hawaiian, chicken alfredo, etc. Get creative! Pizza anyone?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Start to heat up a skillet on the stove because this won't take long.
- 2Take flour tortilla and sprinkle half of it with cheese and 1/4 of cooked chicken.
- 3Add bacon bits and a little bit of crushed pineapple (no juice) if desired. Pour a little bit of BBQ sauce on top. Don't be too generous with the sauce or it will seep out of the quesadilla.
- 4Spray the pan with cooking spray. Fold the tortilla in half and place in pan. It only takes a few short minutes to brown one side and then flip over to brown the other side.
- 5When done, cut into wedges and serve with added BBQ sauce if you like to dip.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.9
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 427.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 20.0 g