Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I happen to love those BBQ chicken pizzas, especially with a little pineapple on top. So here's a lunch time creation when pizza dough or bread was not an option. Quick and so good! If I cook chicken for this I boil a chicken breast (can be frozen to begin with, just drop it in the water). After about 15-20 minutes just cut open the chicken to see if it is cooked all the way through and ready to use. If the chicken breast is defrosted it takes much less time, but time is estimated. I would encourage others to change this recipe up to create other pizza favorites making a pepperoni quesadilla, meat lovers, hawaiian, chicken alfredo, etc. Get creative! Pizza anyone?
- Start to heat up a skillet on the stove because this won't take long.
- Take flour tortilla and sprinkle half of it with cheese and 1/4 of cooked chicken.
- Add bacon bits and a little bit of crushed pineapple (no juice) if desired. Pour a little bit of BBQ sauce on top. Don't be too generous with the sauce or it will seep out of the quesadilla.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray. Fold the tortilla in half and place in pan. It only takes a few short minutes to brown one side and then flip over to brown the other side.
- When done, cut into wedges and serve with added BBQ sauce if you like to dip.
i made these using store bought precooked chicken as I was in a hurry. I made some with the pineapple and bacon and some without. I liked them better with. I am sure we will make these again as I love Sweet Baby Rays Barbeque sauce and can't seem to stop myyself from buying it when it goes on sale. I think it is a great summer meal because it doesn't take long to prepare and doesn't cook long.
This was nice twist on an old standby meal : ) The combination of the BBQ sauce and pineapple was a bit on the sweet side for my husband and me (my daughter loved it), but either one by itself along with the chicken and cheese was pretty good. My husband suggested that I try salsa instead of the BBQ sauce along with the chicken and pineapple next time and I think that sounds good. Also, I cooked the cut-up chicken with some garlic and cumin in a skillet and that added a nice taste to the chicken. I also used whole wheat flour tortillas for an extra nutritional boost. Thanks for posting!