Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a ham and pineapple macaroni salad. I cut everything up so that people can pick out anything they don't like. Great for picknics.
- 1 lb ditalini, cooked
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1 cup raw cranberries
- 14 ounces chunk pineapple, drained
- 1 lb virginia-baked ham, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon penzeys north woods fire seasoning
- Mix the stock cube and the spices in the hot water until dissolved.
- Boil the eggs, when they are done put the frozen cranberries in the hot water with the eggs. Keep them turned off, they will be cooked in 10 minutes, drain them and cool them off in the freezer.
- Mix everything except the eggs together in a large bowl.
- Decorate with the sliced eggs and sprinkle with more Northwood’s seasoning or paprika.
Again, I wish people would quit calling very recipe that contains pineapple "Hawaiian". This is not what Mac salad is in Hawaii. Perhaps the term "Tropical" would be more accurate for these dishes. I'm sure the dish may be delicious, but it is not Hawaiian.