Prep 2 hrs
Cook 40 mins
Sweet, sticky, and tangy.
Make and share this Hawaiian Barbecued Short Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml soy sauce
- 88.74 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 236.59 ml water
- 4.92 ml ground cayenne pepper
- 158.51 ml cooking sherry
- 9.85 ml Chinese five spice powder
- 14.78 ml minced fresh ginger
- 9.85 ml minced fresh garlic
- 1814.36-2721.55 g beef short ribs
- In a small saucepan combine first 8 ingredients. Cook over meium heat to dissolve the sugar, but do not boil. Remove from heat and let cool.
- To marinade, place the meat in a container and pour the sauce over the meat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours rotating the meat occasionally.
- Remove the ribs from the marinade and reserve the marinade in a saucepan. Bring the marinade to a boil, turn off and set aside.
- Place the ribs on the grill (low heat) and sear for 8 minutes on each side.
- Baste the ribs with the marinade after each turn. Cook for 5 minutes then turn and baste the second side.
- Continue turning and basting every 5 minutes until the ribs are done, 25-30 minutes. The meat should be slightly pink on the inside and crusty brown on the outside.