Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Had these the other night-WOW-this one's going into the Christmas basket. Serve over vanilla ice cream or frozen banana yogurt or pound cake.
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Peel and slice bananas in 1 inch chunks and add to boiling syrup-all at once.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes-stirring very gently.
- Ladle into sterilized jars.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
The combination of the ginger and the bananas was a little weird. I had 5 people try it, and none thought that it was horrible, but all agreed that it tasted like bananas trying to be apples (ie, the spices were more suited for a apple recipe). If you like the combination of bananas and ginger, you might like this recipe. I definitly will not make it again though.
I made these today.To me they tastes liketo much lime I did not have fresh nutmeg so I used 1/8 teaspoon of ground. It only made 4 pints. From Irene on Dec 16 2009
I think this is great and I want to can some more. Many thanks for posting this recipe. Juanita