Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I don't know what makes these muffins Hawaiian, but they look good! Makes 2 dozen muffins.
Make and share this Hawaiian Banana Nut Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Cream sugar, shortening and salad oil well.
- Add bananas and cream well.
- Add eggs and mix.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to mixing bowl along with vanilla and lemon juice.
- Mix at low speed until ingredients are incorporated.
- Add buttermilk gradually until smooth.
- Scrape bowl and mix at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Fold in chopped walnuts.
- Pour batter into greased or paper lined muffin pans and bake at 380 degrees for 18 minutes (if not using paper liners, grease pans generously).
- Other fruits such as pineapple, peaches or apricots may be used, but if so, reduce sugar to 1 1/2 cup.