Recipe by Da Huz
The bananas we brought to our church camp turned on the 4th day so we decided to make banana bread instead of throwing them out. Turned out moist and tender without being too sweet. Delicious way to use brown bananas. Taken from "Bernard Clayton's New Complete Book of Breads". The recipe was originally obtained from a hotel in Hawaii.
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, mashed
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In an electric mixer with the flat beater (or by hand) cream butter and sugar, then add the eggs, then the banana.
- With the mixer still running, add 1 cup flour, then the baking soda, the baking powder, the salt, and the vanilla. Add the remaining 0.5 cup flour and the chopped nuts.
- Continue to mix until ingredients are blended. Do not over-mix.
- Pour batter into a greased 8"x4" baking pan and bake at 350 for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Loosen the sides and remove from the loaf pan to cool on a cooling rack.