Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A little variation of another Hawaiian Nut Bread-- with the addition of coconut & cherries. Found on another recipe site, sounds real yummy!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup maraschino cherry
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Grease & flour 2-9x5 loaf pans or a tube pan.
- In large mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, baking soda, sugar & cinnamon.
- Add nuts, eggs, oil, bananas, pineapple, vanilla, coconut & cherries.
- Stir until well blended.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350* for 60 minutes, if using tube pan add 20 minutes baking time.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.