Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a version of Hawaiian Banana Bread that includes nuts, chocolate chips, coconut, and powdered sugar glaze. It is INCREDIBLY easy and INCREDIBLY good. One bowl for the bread and one bowl for the icing. No need for a mixer.
- 3 bananas, ripe and mashed
- 78.07 ml butter, melted
- 29.58-44.37 ml milk
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 0.25 ml salt
- 354.88 ml flour
- 236.59 ml coconut flakes
- 236.59 ml macadamia nuts or 236.59 ml walnuts
- 236.59 ml milk chocolate chips
- 118.29-177.44 ml powdered sugar
- 44.37-59.16 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix butter into the mashed bananas in large mixing bowl. Add milk.
- Mix in sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix. Add the flour last, mix.
- Pour mixture into 1 buttered 4x8 loaf pan or 4 mini loaf pans.
- Add the coconut, nuts, and chocolate chips to the top and "fork-whirl" it around.
- For large loaf, bake 1 hour & 15 min - 1 hour & 30 minute or for mini loafs, bake 30 min -50 minutes. The bread should slightly crack at the top, and coconut will be dark brown -- make sure you can stick a toothpick in and pull it out with nothing on it.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, mix icing.
- Mix powdered sugar and milk until the consistency is bright white and runs slowly off the spoon. add more powdered sugar or milk to reach desired consistency. Make sure it's not too runny because it won't stick to the bread.
- Remove from pan and drizzle icing on top.