Recipe by GoKittenGo
From a cookbook entitled "Food Editors' Favorites: Treasured Recipes". The bananas should be almost over-ripe. Be absolutely certain to use cake flour and sift three times like the recipe calls for. Sounds odd, I know, but the bread really doesn't turn out the same without doing that. It's like magic! :) This freezes very well.
Top Review by Sherrybeth
EXCELLENT recipe. Very easy and just enough sweetness to make it awesome. I made this for friends the other night and they devoured it. Make sure your bananas are very ripe as they seem to work much better than when they are just barely ripe. Thanks GKG!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 6 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Cream sugar and margarine.
- Add bananas and eggs.
- Sift cake flour, salt, and baking soda 3 times.
- Blend flour mixture into banana mixture, making sure not to overmix.
- Turn batter into 2 greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pans.
- Bake for 55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Turn out immediately to cool on wire rack.