Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Great for luaus, family gatherings, barbecues and other occasions where you have a few mouths to feed.
- 3 (1360.77 g) can great northern beans
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 354.88 ml dark brown sugar
- 226.79 g cubed cooked ham
- 177.44 ml ketchup
- 118.29 ml crushed pineapple, drained
- 29.58 ml prepared mustard
- 22.18 ml cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Place in a buttered 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350F for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove foil and bake for 20-30 minutes more.
Great flavor and the sauce is easy to make. Could not get canned great northern beans here in Hawaii! So had to do the soak & cook routine, which makes this fairly quick recipe rather a slow
process ~ the result however, was worth the extra time. Frankly, I wouldn't change a thing. The ingredients make a pleasant flavor which was enjoyed by all. Mahalo for this recipe!
Superb!! I did these in a crockpot and took it to a potluck. Very well received. I cut the sugar back to 1 cup and it was more than enough. I also found this a little bit too "liquidy" for a potluck so I thickened it up with a couple cups of fine breadcrumbs. Worked like a charm. Thank you Sue L.
Excellant bean recipe. I also made it for a 50th birtday Luau party. A bit sweet but very tasty and very well received by the party guests. I drained most of the liquid off the beans and only cooked for an additional 15 minutes after removing the foil. I cubed up a ham steak and this worked well.