Recipe by Sue Lau
Great for luaus, family gatherings, barbecues and other occasions where you have a few mouths to feed.
Top Review by Kauaian cook
Great flavor and the sauce is easy to make. Could not get canned great northern beans here in Hawaii! So had to do the soak & cook routine, which makes this fairly quick recipe rather a slow
process ~ the result however, was worth the extra time. Frankly, I wouldn't change a thing. The ingredients make a pleasant flavor which was enjoyed by all. Mahalo for this recipe!
- 3 (16 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 lb cubed cooked ham
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar