Recipe by Kim127
Posted for ZWT 7
Top Review by lazyme
Yum! I love bananas foster and this was pretty darn close. Easy and good. Maybe a splash of rum next time I make it. And I agree with Wendelina - this would be perfect over ice cream. Thanks Kim for a nice treat. Made for ZWT for the Emerald City Shakers.
- 4 bananas
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 dash nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel bananas and place in a small baking dish.
- Mix together brown sugar, orange or pineapple juice and sherry. Pour over bananas.
- Saute the chopped nuts in butter until toasty and sprinkle over bananas.
- Add dash of nutmeg to taste.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or bananas are lightly glazed.
- Serve bananas with a spoonful of sauce over each.