Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted for ZWT 7
- 4 bananas
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Peel bananas and place in a small baking dish.
- Mix together brown sugar, orange or pineapple juice and sherry. Pour over bananas.
- Saute the chopped nuts in butter until toasty and sprinkle over bananas.
- Add dash of nutmeg to taste.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or bananas are lightly glazed.
- Serve bananas with a spoonful of sauce over each.
Yum! I love bananas foster and this was pretty darn close. Easy and good. Maybe a splash of rum next time I make it. And I agree with Wendelina - this would be perfect over ice cream. Thanks Kim for a nice treat. Made for ZWT for the Emerald City Shakers.
If you're a fan of Bananas Foster, you will love this. Very delicious, rich and exotic. Next time I make this, I will cut the bake time down to 15 minutes because I like my bananas a little more firm. I will also have ice cream on hand, because this would be just dynamite over ice cream. Very yummy! Made for ZWT 7.