Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
This recipe is for 4-5 pounds (4-5 racks) of back ribs, 1/3 cup Sherry can be substituted for the whiskey. Plan ahead the ribs have to marinate for 24 hours. You can also grill these ribs for about 9-10 minutes per side, I have made these on both my indoor and outdoor grill as well as in the oven. This is a killer recipe for back ribs!
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- black pepper
- 7 -8 garlic cloves (sliced or cut in half, do not chop or mince the cloves)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 4 -5 racks of baby-back pork ribs (do not cut the ribs apart!)
- In a bowl whisk together sugar, soy sauce, ketchup, whiskey, salt and black pepper until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the marinade into a roasting pan.
- Add in the garlic and ginger.
- Add in the ribs turning to coat with the marinade.
- Cover and marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 24 hours, turning occasionally to coat with marinade.
- Remove the ribs from the marinade (reserving the marinade, and discard the garlic).
- Arrange the rib racks on a large broiler pan (rounded side facing up).
- Set oven to 350°F and set the rack to the second-lowest position.
- Roast the ribs, basting with marinade about every 20 minutes (DO NOT baste the last 10 minutes of cooking) or until the ribs are tender and the glaze is browned (about 1-3/4 hours).
- Discard any unused marinade.
- Cut the ribs to desired size and serve.
Once again, OMG! When I see your name, I click on that recipe. I have tried many of your recipes and I don't always leave a comment. I will from now on, you are a wonderful cook. I stopped eating any processed foods and your recipes have made this very easy for me. My hubby and I thank you.
great recipe for ribs. cooked for 1.5 hrs.
My Husband made this recipe for a Labor Day barbeque. We had 10 of us. It was wonderful. Takes a little longer to make but it was well worth it. We will use it again and e-mail it to our other friends and children. It was not greasy and my husband did put in less sugar. He also cooked the ribs up until 10 min before done and the next day put them on the grill to complete cooking.