Recipe by Mirj
Book 'im, Dano. I use canned pineapple and papaya for this, and it tastes great. Imagine how much better it would be if you used the fresh stuff.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
I am humming the Hawaii 5-0 theme song as I write this review ;) I made these smoothies for breakfast the last couple of mornings. They were so delicious and refreshing. I made them with pineapple juice one morning and papaya nectar the next. I thought they were equally good. Gave me a great energy boost as I headed to the pool to swim laps. Thanks for sharing this recipe. We will use it a lot this summer as it is Smoothie Central at our house.
- 1 cup cubed peeled pineapple
- 1 cup cubed peeled papaya
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice or 1⁄2 cup papaya nectar
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon coconut extract