Recipe by Veganized
This is a traditional Danish Christmas treat. It's easy to make, so kids can help. NOTES: I use low fat butter, but any kind will do. Preparing time does not include shaping into balls/chilling time.
- 7 ounces butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons brewed coffee
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar (or seeds from 1 vanilla pod)
- desiccated coconut, for coating
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend butter, sugar, coffee and almond extract (in a blender/food processor).
- In a big bowl combine rolled oats, cocoa and vanilla. Mix will.
- Add butter mixture and knead with hands.
- Shape into walnut sizes balls and roll in dessicated coconut.
- Place in an airtight container lined with baking paper. (also use baking paper between layers of balls).
- Store in refrigerator. (Allow to cool at least 2 hours before serving).