Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great heart healthy and low fat oatmeal cookies.
Make and share this Havregrynskager recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 cup greek nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean seeds
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 dash salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats
- 50 g raisins
- 50 g dry roasted walnut pieces
- Mix everything in a bowl and knead. Dough should be sticky. Add cold water if it feels too compact. Drop by the tablespoonful on cookie sheet lined with baking paper. Press flat. Cookies will not run as there is no lard in them. Bake in the middle of the oven at 320F convection for 10-12 min or until golden around edges. Slide paper with cookies onto wire rack to cool.
- Store in airtight container for up to ten days. Dough can also be frozen.
These are really yummy! Soft, chewy, light, and very good. I left out the walnuts, and used more raisins instead. The cardamom/cinnamon combination is excellent- the cardamom being the prominent flavor. I didn't have a vanilla bean on hand, so I added a teaspoon of vanilla extract instead. I got 24 fairly large cookies from this recipe, which will be greatly enjoyed! Thanks for posting. Reviewed for PAC, Spring 2010.