Recipe by mollypaul
This soup might make a lovely, hot, wintertime breakfast. From the Minnesota Scandinavian chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 2 1⁄2 pints water
- 18 prunes, pitted or 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 10 almonds
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- sugar, to taste
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer oats in water until soft, about an hour.
- Rinse prunes or raisins, cover with cold water and simmer until tender.
- Blanch almonds and mince.
- Bring milk slowly to a boil and add to soup with fruit and the water in which they were cooked, almonds, sugar, and salt.
- Heat thoroughly.