Recipe by Bergy
If you don't like leeks drink the sauce and you won't care. This is a very tasty dish, There is a minimal amount of sauce at the end of the cooking - the sauce is just intended to add extra flavor to the leeks and glaze them
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 small leeks, Washed well,root removed,only use the white part, cut into3/4" pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a skillet, add garlic and leeks and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add wine, season, cook covered for 10 minutes or until the leeks are tender.
- Remove the leeks- keep warm reduce the sauce until there is apprx 3 tbsp-takes apprx 3 minutes
- Add a teaspoon of vinegar taste and if you like add a few more drops until you have the flavor you want.
- Pour sauce over the leeks garnish with parsley.
- You may serve this dish hot or cold. I prefer it hot