Prep 3 mins
Cook 6 mins
Have seen other variations of this on cooking shows, but the hazelnut flavoring is out of this world. Came up with the name when the Pope visited Cuba in Jan '98. Frangelico is made by monks, supposedly.
- 3 just ripe bananas (no green at all on skin)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of frangelico your favorite liqueur (hazelnut liquer)
- 1 tablespoon light rum
- Heat butter in a skillet to foaming.
- Add 1/4" thick banana rounds and toss to coat.
- Add brown sugar and toss till dissolved.
- Add frangelico and rum.
- Toss all till a nice coating on bananas develops.
- Serve hot on top of your favorite pie or ice cream.
WOW, talk about "knock your socks off" GREAT!! My husband served this for dessert over French vanilla ice cream as part of our Cuban menu for the evening. Color me done!! I don't even care for bananas and I truly enjoyed it!! Thank you for sharing with us!