6 hrs 15 mins
Haupia is a traditional coconut milk-based Hawaiian dessert. Technically it's considered a pudding, but the consistency is closer to jello. This one is topped with a passion fruit glaze in a pie shell. Great to share with family and friends for the holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coconut milk (fresh or frozen preferred, but haupia with canned coconut milk is better than no haupia at all)
Passion Fruit Glaze
- 1In a saucepan, combine cornstarch, sugar, and salt.
- 2Slowly add coconut milk, stirring until blended and cornstarch dissolves.
- 3Using a heat diffuser to prevent mixture from over-cooking, cook until thick and smooth.
- 4Pour into pie shell and chill until set.
- 5Blend sugar, cornstarch, juice concentrate, and water.
- 6Cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- 7Cool slightly and pour over chilled haupia filling; chill until set again.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Haupia Liliko‘i Pie (Hawaiian Coconut and Passion Fruit Pie)
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.1
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 266.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen passion fruit juice concentrate