Recipe by marisk
Haupia is a local dessert served at our luaus. This was posted by J.Fisher in 'Hawaii / South Pacific for Visitors'. Cook and prep times are estimates.
Top Tweak by Riley B.
The coconut milk I usually get comes in cans that are 13.5oz, which is just shy of 2 cups, so in an effort to use the same ratios I modified the amounts of all the ingredients. 1 13.5oz can of coconut milk 6.75oz of whole milk 5 Tbs sugar 4 Tbs + 1 tsp cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour one cup of coconut milk into a saucepan lover low heat.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch stirring into coconut milk, continuing on low heat stirring consistently until thickened.
- Add remaining coconut milk and whole milk and continue to heat until thickened.
- Pour into 8 inch square pan and chill until firm.
- Slice to desired size just before serving.