Recipe by Rita~
These pudding delites are a Hawaiian Luau Dessert.
Top Review by Wendelina
Very easy haupia recipe. It set quickly and was creamy and smooth. I like mine a little sweeter than the recipe calls for, but that's an easy fix for next time. I made this for a luau and for ZWT 7. Thanks Rita!
- 1 (12 ounce) can coconut milk
- 4 -6 tablespoons sugar
- 4 -6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract (vanilla or Coconut rum can be used)
- toasted coconut, for topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour coconut milk into saucepan.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water and blend well.
- Stir sugar mixture into coconut milk; cook and stir over low heat until thickened add coconut extract.
- Pour into 8-inch square pan and chill covered until firm.
- Cut into 2-inch squares. Garnish with toasted coconut.