Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These pudding delites are a Hawaiian Luau Dessert.
Make and share this Haupia recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) can coconut milk
- 4 -6 tablespoons sugar
- 4 -6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract (vanilla or Coconut rum can be used)
- toasted coconut, for topping (optional)
- Pour coconut milk into saucepan.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water and blend well.
- Stir sugar mixture into coconut milk; cook and stir over low heat until thickened add coconut extract.
- Pour into 8-inch square pan and chill covered until firm.
- Cut into 2-inch squares. Garnish with toasted coconut.
Very easy haupia recipe. It set quickly and was creamy and smooth. I like mine a little sweeter than the recipe calls for, but that's an easy fix for next time. I made this for a luau and for ZWT 7. Thanks Rita!
This is great! What a wonderful naturally vegan treat! I deviated from the standard recipe and made a pie from the mixture. Instead of 3/4 C water I used 1/2 lime juice and 1/4 water. I used 6 Tb corn starch and 7 Tb. sugar (extra to counteract the sour of the lime). After it was done I poured it into a graham cracker crust and let it cool a bit before covering it and putting it in the fridge to set. Delicious!