Recipe by *Alia*
Great halloween dinner.
Top Review by Ducky
Found this recipe in the "Favorite Brand Name Silly Snacks" cookbook. I thought it might give DS a giggle at dinner so I made it. I used ground beef, my own taco sauce and added some cheese on top at the end of baking. I'm sure we'll have this again and just change the cookie cutters to fit the season.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- egg wash
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add turkey; cook until turkey is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in garlic, oregano, chili powder and salt; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease baking sheets.
- On lightly floured surface, roll 1 pie crust to 14-inch diameter.
- Using 3-inch Halloween cookie cutters, cut out pairs of desired shapes.
- Repeat with second pie crust, rerolling dough if necessary.
- Place 1/2 of shapes on prepared baking sheets.
- Brush edges with egg white.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon taco mixture onto each shape.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon tomato and 1 teaspoon cheese.
- Top with remaining matching shapes; press edges to seal.
- Decorate with Egg Yolk Paint.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.