Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is made with Hatch Chiles. I had a block of roasted chiles that had frozen together, and Red Apple Guy suggested chopping the block into smaller pieces... perhaps with a hatchet. Thus, hatchet chiles were born.
- Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Add salt, chiles, cumin and oregano to onions and garlic.
- On each chicken breast, place 1/4 of the chile mixture and 1/4 cup cheese. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Roll the chicken breasts in the corn meal.
- Bake at 375 for 45-55 minutes. Towards the end of cooking --
- Combine remaining peppers, cheese, and sour cream. Cook over low heat until the cheese melts and the sauce is smooth.
- When chicken is done, remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving. Serve with the chile cheese sauce poured over the breasts.
I didnt make my chicken exactly like this...used another recipe on this site but I did make the sauce. It was amazing thanks for sharing. Only change I made to the sauce was adding in sauteed mushrooms just because I love them..oh and I used half dynamite chiles and half mira sol. Thanks!