1/1 Photo of Hatchet Chile Stuffed Chicken
This is made with Hatch Chiles. I had a block of roasted chiles that had frozen together, and Red Apple Guy suggested chopping the block into smaller pieces... perhaps with a hatchet. Thus, hatchet chiles were born.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- 2Add salt, chiles, cumin and oregano to onions and garlic.
- 3On each chicken breast, place 1/4 of the chile mixture and 1/4 cup cheese. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Roll the chicken breasts in the corn meal.
- 4Bake at 375 for 45-55 minutes. Towards the end of cooking --
- 5Combine remaining peppers, cheese, and sour cream. Cook over low heat until the cheese melts and the sauce is smooth.
- 6When chicken is done, remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving. Serve with the chile cheese sauce poured over the breasts.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hatchet Chile Stuffed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 708.0
- Calories from Fat 412
- Total Fat 45.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 164.7 mg
- Sodium 1052.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 48.4 g