1/1 Photo of Hatch Red Chili Sauce
Miss Annie's Note:
This is the recipe used by the Messilla Valley Chili Company in Hatch, New Mexico. It may be frozen.
My Private Note
cups (a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse chile pods, remove stems and seeds.
- 2Place water and pods in a pan and heat to boiling.
- 3Reduce heat and allow to simmer until pods are soft and pulpy (about 20 minutes).
- 4Remove pods and place in a blender, setting aside cooking liquid.
- 5Run through blender until pods form a smooth paste.
- 6In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsps. oil.
- 7Add flour and brown lightly.
- 8Remove from heat, add chiles to flour mixture, contining to stir until lumps are dissolved.
- 9Return to heat, stir enough of the cooking liquid to make a gravy like consistency.
- 10Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 11May be frozen for future use.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hatch Red Chili Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.3
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2357.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 6.0 g