Sue Lau's Note:
This is a sauce that originates from the regions of southern New Mexico, where it is used for a topping for enchiladas and the like. Freezes well. Posted by request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the onion in oil in a heavy saucepan until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, then stir in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- 3Add the chiles, then whisk in the stock and the seasonings.
- 4Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes until thickened but still pourable.
- 5May keep refrigerated for up to 5 days; freezes well.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hatch Green Chile Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (799 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.8
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 1153.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 4.2 g