Recipe by CheCheCherie
This is my favorite hamburger patty from the meat counter at Whole Foods. This is their recipe.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 4 hatch bell peppers, roasted and peeled, small dice
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 4.92 ml fresh Mexican oregano, chopped
- 4.92 ml cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients together then shape into 4 burgers.
- Season well with salt and pepper before throwing on the grill.
- Once you flip the burgers (and only flip once), add a quarter cup of the cheese to the top of the burger; the cheese will melt as the burger finishes cooking. If you like the burgers extra Hatchy, add some diced chiles to the top of the burger before you add the cheese.
- Recommended: Serve extra spicy with pepper jack, extra Hatch, tomatoes, and sliced red onion tossed with lime.