Recipe by TxGriffLover
"Get Out!!!"...There's chiles in my Dessert! Adapted from Central Market, Fort Worth, TX by Laura Winters 2007 Recipe Contest Winner.
- 3⁄4 cup fresh mango, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup fresh pineapple, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup roasted hatch chile, chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons of fresh mint, thinly slivered
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 8 slices lb cake, 1/2 -inch thick
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup mango sorbet
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all fruit and chiles together carefully. Add jalapeños, mint, lime juice, brown sugar. Set aside.
- Butter pound cake and place on outdoor grill until lightly toasted. In a martini glass, put grilled cake—top with fruit & chile salsa. Whip cream, add vanilla, powdered sugar and whip to mix. Add mango sorbet, whip just to mix. Top off your chile fruit salsa cakes—yum!