Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick, easy appetizer that you probably already have the ingredients on hand. This comes from an old (circa 1972) Sunset Cook Book of Favorite Recipes.
- 4 green onions
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 88.74 ml mayonnaise
- toast rounds or sliced French bread
- Chop green onions fine.
- Add grated cheese and enough mayonnaise to make a spread of fairly firm consistency.
- Toast one side of bread rounds or sliced French bread.
- Spread mixture on untoasted side and put under broiler just until bubbly.
I make these for every party I throw or even just for a personal snack. Everyone LOVES them. I have so many requests for me to make these for people, and you can freeze them and they taste just the same when you re-heat them.
I have been making these for 15 years every Christmas Eve. Everyone loves them.
Thank you!! These were my favorite birthday treat when I was little (always been much more into savory than sweet), and never thought to ask my dad how he made them. So wonderful- thanks!!