Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love hasselback potatoes and this one has some lovely flavours incorporated, from Recipes+
Make and share this Hasselback Potatoes With Sage and Parmesan recipe from Food.com.
- 12 potatoes (small new washed)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sage (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan forced).
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- To make each potato sit flat, trim and piece from each (to allow it to sit flat) and using a small sharp knife, cut thin slits in top of potatoes at 3mm intervals, being careful not to cut all the way through (I put a wooden spoon either side of the potato to prevent this happening).
- Place the potatoes, cut side up, on prepared tray and brush with oil and sprinkle with salt, sage and parmesan and bake for 1 hour or until golden and tender.
This was just delicious! I used yellow flesh potatoes, pink salt and completely forgot to use the sage. Oops! That's okay because I'll make these again. We were hungry so I cooked them in the microwave first, until just over half done. Then I cut them and baked them for 20 minutes. Perfect! Made for Went To The Market tag game. Thanks I'mPat! :)
We used russet potatoes for the recipe, and the whole family loved it! Everyone ate it, even though not everyone eats baked potatoes when I make them. My husband thought there was a little too much salt (I put in the amount specified in the recipe). I'd definitely like to make these again! Thank you!
I made a mistake and peeled my potatoes, and then forgot to add the sage.But never the less, these still worked really well! We loved the added parmesan, I thought it would burn, but it didn't go anywhere near it! The cooking time was just perfect for the size potatoes I had.Great recipe, I am going to try again, with the sage next time. ;-)Thanks Pat.<br/>UPDATE:<br/>Have made these 3 times now and apart from the good old roast potato, these are the family favourite! So easy and just such wonderful flavours with the sage and parmesan.