Recipe by I'mPat
I love hasselback potatoes and this one has some lovely flavours incorporated, from Recipes+
Top Review by Nif
This was just delicious! I used yellow flesh potatoes, pink salt and completely forgot to use the sage. Oops! That's okay because I'll make these again. We were hungry so I cooked them in the microwave first, until just over half done. Then I cut them and baked them for 20 minutes. Perfect! Made for Went To The Market tag game. Thanks I'mPat! :)
- 12 potatoes (small new washed)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sage (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (finely grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan forced).
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- To make each potato sit flat, trim and piece from each (to allow it to sit flat) and using a small sharp knife, cut thin slits in top of potatoes at 3mm intervals, being careful not to cut all the way through (I put a wooden spoon either side of the potato to prevent this happening).
- Place the potatoes, cut side up, on prepared tray and brush with oil and sprinkle with salt, sage and parmesan and bake for 1 hour or until golden and tender.