1/2 Photos of Hasselback Potatoes (Hasselbackspotatis)
1 hr 10 mins
Kumquat the Cat's friend's Note:
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005. The chef, Helene Henderson, has updated this classic recipe by adding garlic, lemon and parsley. I changed this slightly to specify 1 tablespoon olive oil because she suggested simmering the garlic for 15-20 minutes in half a cup of oil and draining all except for 2 tablespoons. That would have mistakenly affected the calculation of the fat content. You could use 2 tablespoons, or just use 1 tablespoon. From The Swedish Table. I have not tried this recipe yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- 2Cut thin, cross-length slices three quarters of the way into each potato, and eighth of an inch apart (or as close as you can), being careful not to cut all the way through. Place in bowl of cold water to prevent discoloring. Set aside.
- 3To prepare the topping, in small saucepan heat 1/2 cup olive oil over low heat, add garlic, and simmer until garlic is soft, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and set aside 1 tablespoon of oil. Combine garlic, bread crumbs, lemon zest, parsley, butter and salt and pepper. (Reserving lemon juice for later.).
- 4Remove potatoes from water and pat dry with paper towels. In small baking dish, place potatoes cut side up. Divide bread-crumb mixture evenly over potatoes, and press gently into cuts using your fingertips.
- 5Bake until potatoes are soft and browned on top, about 45 minutes. If the topping starts to burn before potatoes are done, cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- 6While potatoes are baking prepare the vinaigrette by whisking 1 tablespoon of reserved oil into lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Spoon a small amount of vinaigrette onto each potato.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hasselback Potatoes (Hasselbackspotatis)
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.3
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 159.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 7.2 g